Join the Society
To join the Society of Expert Witnesses, please complete an Application Form and return it to the Society at PO Box 345, Newmarket, CB8 7TU, UK, together with your remittance (see below for charges), made payable to the Society of Expert Witnesses.
Alternatively, telephone us on our local-rate Helpline 0845 7023014. We will be pleased to answer any queries you may have.
Categories of membership
There are three categories of membership:
- Member: open to all practising expert witnesses who can certify on the Application Form that they have completed two or more expert reports in the past two years or have been engaged in expert witness work for two or more years. A Member has full voting rights.
- Associate Member: open to all professional people who are genuinely interested in becoming expert witnesses, but have no previous experience. An Associate Member has no voting rights.
- Fellow: Fellowship is bestowed at the discretion of the Committee of Management in recognition of a Member’s distinction as an expert or outstanding service to the Society. A Fellow has full voting rights.
Cost of membership
Aware of the demands made on expert witnesses by their own professional bodies, the Society has determined to keep the cost of membership as low as possible. The current Membership subscription rates are:
• Joining Fee: £43.50 + VAT
• Member: £102.00 + VAT per annum
• Associate Member: £88.00 + VAT per annum